Monday, April 14, 2008

Could I really have expected less?

Although Anna and I have been taking pictures of Addie since the day she was born, today we had a session with a professional photographer in our home. This was a fantastic opportunity, as we are acquainted with the photographer, and this initial session was a gift. All seemed well at first. Addie was in a good mood, I had just changed her diaper--which I'm changing now (not well mind you, as I still get Anna to approve every change. I'm the roadkill remover to her foreman)--and she was awake and alert. Time to take some pictures!

The very first pictures we were to take we're going to involve Addie without a diaper, and in order to not show too much, we had to do some creative positioning. Remember, we had just changed her, so clearly, we were not flirting with disaster, right? Well, the first thing that Addie does when Anna puts her up to her chest (while wearing black, no less) was spit up, and then, immediately, she peed. Anna took being a human diaper in stride, and she and Addie took some great pictures. Then, Addie was handed off to me to take some daddy/daughter pictures--which I think turned out pretty well, and somehow, I avoided the consequences of a diaperless infant. Then, as soon as I gave Addie back to Anna, and--boom!--she poops down Anna's shirt.

The rest of the picture taking exercise went fine, save Addie getting a little upset toward the end. But Anna wanted me to make absolutely clear, that for some reason, Addie only used her as a toilet. We're not really sure why I didn't have target on my back for the logical end of Addie's meals, but I escaped for now. I'm sure that's not a permanent condition--but I'll take it when I can get it.

1 comment:

rachel blazer said...

paul, it may be a permanent thing that your wife gets the messy end of the deal! i think i've received 99.9% of all caroline by-products since birth... even as a 2 year old, she gets the flu and throws up on me, not daddy. maybe it's a hormone thing- they smell mommy, they release whatever is inside. just enjoy it- yours will come, just not as frequently!