Monday, October 13, 2008

Dancing queen!

So, Addie likes to dance. Well, let me qualify that by saying that she likes to sit up and bounce up and down semi-rhythmically to music--but she seems to be having a blast. The problem we have with Addie's proclivity to dance, however, is that we have yet to figure out how to get her to do it for the camera. Anna and I have both seen her get down, so to speak, but we have been chronically without recording device when she chooses to do so.

So Saturday night, Anna and I tried to catch lightning in a bottle with Addie, our camera, and iTunes. We tried several songs in order to get her moving. First, we played her "In the Jungle," which she liked, but decided she didn't really want to boogie to it. Moving on, we tried a couple of other songs--some Stevie Wonder, some unnamed techno, and, I hate to say it, some rap. I remembered that episode of Friends where the only way Ross and Rachel could get their daughter to smile was by singing "Baby Got Back."

Unfortunately, I'm not immune to the siren song of cute baby videos, and as a result, I played a little Sir Mix-a-lot for her. As an aside, please don't judge me for my "Baby got back" ownership, as I'm sure you have your own black sheep mp3 (feel free to add a comment with your track of shame). Thankfully, Addie didn't dance, but I suspect, that even if she had, I would have been too ashamed to post that video on the Internet. Then, after a little bit more thought, we got a few moments of furtive dancing to the Knack's "My Sharona." I imagine that we'll have plenty of days ahead of our daughter dancing to novelty chart-topping hits, but I'm glad we can avoid it for now.

No comments: