Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Umm...I didn't mean I was actually ready for this.

Right now, I'm sitting on a couch in Anna's labor and delivery room. She is resting post-epidural, and it appears that it will still be a few hours before Addie will be born. So, I thought it's as good a time as any to update the blog. As I've sat in the room with Anna this morning, I've come up with a new entry to add to the list of old wives tales that will bring about labor. It appears that starting a blog about your soon-to-be-born child will most definitely do it. Post number 1 goes up at 8:00 PM yesterday, and then, lo and behold, Anna's water breaks at 2:45 AM this morning. This can only mean one thing. With the awesome power of my blogging, I can cause labor.

I know what you're thinking--"Paul, are you only going to use this new-found power to generate labor via the Internet for good?" Fear not readers, I will not bring about labor with my blogging skills for profit or fame--I will only act in the best interest of humanity. Perhaps I will be featured in the next X-men movie as: The Blogger, the super-hero that can cause labor at will and has a preternatural understanding of web-based programming languages! (I'm not sure how I would use HTML to fight crime, but I think it would be a useful power to have, say if Spider-Man ever wants to start up an e-commerce site.)

Man, I'm tired. More to come...

No comments: